A Lab Assistant for our Creative Fragrances & Perfumery Lab in Dubai, and supporting both our Fine Fragrances and Consumer Products teams in the Middle East & North Africa region – Your future position?
Our Creative Fragrances & Perfumery Lab in Dubai provides laboratory support for our Creative Fragrances Development teams for Consumer Products, Fine Fragrances, and Perfumery for the Middle East and North Africa region. We are currently looking to expand the Creative Fragrances & Perfumery Lab team and hiring for a ‘Lab Assistant’. Based in Dubai and reporting to the Lab Team Leader, you will perform day to day lab operations and support the Perfumers with compounding trial oils, in order to secure availability of samples for evaluation and testing, and according to business needs and EH&S (Environment, Health, and Safety) policies. The role offers excellent opportunities for both personal and professional development.
As a ‘Lab Assistant’ in Givaudan, you will be working for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. Our passion for our customers and their brands brings a new dimension to our Business to Business industry. You will be working for the market leader that is at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in the Middle East and Africa region have local, regional, and international profiles, which brings diversity and curiosity to our day to day job.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you have a true passion for the world of Fragrances and Perfumes, always aims to exceed customer needs, deliver value, and are skilled at fostering strong relationships.
As a Creative Fragrances & Perfumery Lab Assistant, you will be responsible for:
• Understand and execute the entire compounding process (blending fragrance ingredients according to the formulas provided).
• Carry out the sampling process optimally, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
• Able to prioritise/adapt to varying tasks in sampling – compounding, mixing, packaging, cleaning or any other miscellaneous tasks which may arise from time to time.
• Execute independently, preparation of dilutions and standard references plus repacking of certain raw materials.
• Removal of expired raw materials.
Raw material olfactive checks:
• Identify differences in colour and odour for specific raw materials when required.
Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S):
• Maintain and ensure strict compliance with all the safety norms, practices, and EH&S policies.
• Understand the hazards and risk in the responsible area.
• Ensure proper maintenance of equipment’s, a safe work culture, and good housekeeping practices for neat and tidy maintenance of the laboratory and safe handling of chemicals and raw materials.
Laboratory Compounding Management System (LCMS):
• Managing the information received from the LCMS to receive formulas from Perfumers, interpret them, and proceed for compounding.
Raw material inventory management:
• Manage the information available from the SAP system to manage raw material inventories – making sure that we have enough stock for each raw materials for all the work stations, removing raw materials when they are near to their expiry date or when a particular batch is compromised in quality, etc.
• Management of customer base and internal base inventories
• Active team player with an open mind for continuous improvement process.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||FMCG; Chemicals Manufacture|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|